Sunday, July 5, 2009

a *new* hero

The culmination of my 17 year collegiate career ended in December of 2007 with the presentation of my thesis. My thesis undertook the search for a new hero. I suppose it is germane to mention that the lit class from which my thesis came was German feminist literature--culminating w/ this class was mostly intentional on my part. For some reason, I've been thinking much about my thesis lately, not sure why. 

Tomorrow, I will post the conditions that define a complete mythology. For now though, here are the slides to my senior presentation. I think that if you click on the image it will open bigger in another window. Initially I had considered showing the slides as a quicktime movie. That somehow communicates the presentation better--a thing moving through time that has a beginning and end.

Well, enjoy. (This is in German by the way. I earned my BA in German Literature, so most of you won't be able to read it, but I think you'll get the idea.) 

I think I will be considering heroes for some time. This is what I do:





















No comments:

Post a Comment

quantumsync

Abe's Axe is a symbol. Like the firey wand of Hermes, it is the conduit for bringing into action manifestations from the creative imagination. He is not killing vampires so much as freeing living dead men. The great emancipator would like to bring you into the 4th dimension of consciousness. He is going to have to kill you to do this, though. Or, actually, just annihilate your ego to transport you. In this instance, his axe is the craft. A craft is both a transport and a skill. The magician's wand is both. A pen can be mightier than the sword. What's your craft? Use your symbol well. . .

Heal The King!

Heal The King!